What are the aims, intentions and interests that you are exploring through your practice/ written work
- In my essay I answered the question 'To what degree can the meaning or experience of a work of art be independent of context?'
- I look at two at 2 exhibitions (Rasheed Johnson at the South London Gallery and Tom Friedman at the Stephen Friedman Gallery) to help answer this question.
- I found that the meaning and experience of work isn't generally that independent of context as there is always something that provides context that affects this.
- In my work context is a big part of the work, especially social context and the institutional setting.
Issues in my practical/written work that you need to address and discuss in your tutorial.
- Any issues with my essay, if there are any ways I could improve it or have gone about it in a better way.
- Any reading or research I need to do.
- how my essay applies to my work
Agreed actions and feedback
This was slightly hindered by the fact I didn't bring my videos along which I didn't realise I was meant too.
- Essay was written well however need to go into more depth of analysis of work.
- Look at - Amelia Jones performance art, Yvonne Rainer- looking myself in the mouth october journal, Patti Smith, Eleanor Antin, Adrian Piper, death of the author Roland Barthes, A very short introduction to post colonialism, Train, go to the Freud Museum.