Aims, intentions and interests I am exploring through my work
- using appropriated images / footage based on eating disorders and the mental disturbances of it. particularly emphasising on footage found on rhodes farm.
- using a lot of repetition and editing that reflects the obsessive, intense and psychotic tendencies of the illness.
- something that impacts on the audience + makes their suffering come across.
Describe 3 issues in your practical work you need to address and discuss in tutorial.
- How am I going to show my work
- How long should the video be and think about if the repetitive aspects mean if its ok for people no to see it in its entirety
- if I'm on track any thing else I need to think about
- Look into booking a project space to try out using a projector/installation
- look at lucy gunning - think about multiple screens
- look at hilary lloyd, sadie coles.
- look at flicker films. old American / english film makers
- Paul sharritz
- lux online - structural film making , peter gidall